Wednesday, September 10, 2008

PyCon UK Flight Plans

What to do with on a 12 hour flight between Boston and Birmingham (1 stop in Amersterdam)?

  • I could work on my presentation. This would be OK but not ideal since I don't have internet conectivity to look stuff up.

  • I could work on my lightning talk: "PyAsshole: Simulating a partial information non trump card drinking game in Python." I'll do some of that but I only have five hours of batteries. [if you aren't familiar see here for one set of rules]

  • I could bring Neal Stephenson's Anathem but I could fit two or three other books in my bag instead of that door stop; I'll do that because if I can't get into his book I'm stuck with it.


I'll likely do a mix of PyAsshole and books with at least one of those being Heinlein's The Moon is a Harsh Mistress which is frequently cited but which I've never read.

No comments: